Volunteers are always welcomed and highly valued at the Trust.
Providing life and work based skills, volunteers are helped with training and ongoing support into further education or career development. Our volunteers also come from businesses who have an interest in supporting local community life in Purfleet.
The Trust is always looking for people who can spare a small amount of time helping in various projects.
Current Volunteering Vacancies:-
- Point of contact to accept food delivery – The Trust’s Fareshare partnership scheme with Tesco Lakeside enables us to support local community groups in Purfleet. If you are able to spare approx 30mins to 1hr per week on a Tuesday evening to accept delivery at 9pm from the Tesco delivery van to us here at the trust and then help to ensure the food delivered can then be appropriately stored away, we would love to hear from you. (Immediate start)
- Youth Club support assisting and supporting children and young people, helping with tuck shop, kitchen support, arts & crafts approx 2 hours per week Tues or Wed evenings.
- Social Media support
- Community garden support all areas greatly welcomed from planting to weeeding and watering the flowers
Our volunteers will receive:
- Full induction and training;
- Paid Expenses
- Regular supervision and support;
- Help with career advice and ongoing support for career development;
- References on completion of volunteering;
- Access to internal vacancy list
Please get in touch on 01708 935478 or complete the contact form for more information.