September heralds the start of a new term – or even a new year within schools – but it’s not just in schools that things restart!
Here at St Stephen’s we’re looking forward to our Baby & Toddler Groups and Youth Clubs restarting too. Both groups are a key part of our work within the local community, and we continue to receive fabulous feedback from both (which we’ll be adding to the website soon).
Baby & Toddler Activity Groups run Tuesdays – Thursdays, 10-11.30am
Purfleet Youth Club for 13-18 year olds is on Tuesdays, 6.00-8.00pm
Purfleet Youth Club for 8-12 year olds is Wednesdays, 4.30-6.00pm
We look forward to seeing old friends return, as well as welcoming new faces and friends! Pop along or get in touch if you want to know more.
St Stephen’s Community Trust are pleased to announce that, following an update of the website, we will be adding more content and information over the coming weeks.
We have not been in a position to update the site as much as we would like, but this is all set to change thanks to the help and support of a local IT Company who have made some changes so that we can make better use of it.
As always, we would love to hear from local people so that we can help ensure the website is useful to you. We will also be looking to improve the information shared on Social Media.
If you have any questions or suggestions about the website and our social media presence, please let us know!
Raising community spirit and positive community engagement in Purfleet
Over 500 residents came along this year enjoying a huge variety of free activities offered by the Trust and its working partners.
Benefits of this years’ Fun day:
- Young people participating in stage performances
- Residents learning about healthy eating and exercise
- Residents learning about and how to look after ‘pets’ at home
- Residents staying safe in their home and community
- Exploring healthy living ideas
- Skills in understanding benefits of physical activity in the early years
- Exploring new experiences through art creations
- Receiving advice and help from Children Centres
- Receiving help and advise from ‘Age Uk’ for senior citizens
- Organising appointments with ‘Health Watch’ and discussing NHS concerns
- Understanding ‘what is Neighbourhood Watch ‘ and crime prevention
- Demonstrations in exercise and fitness routines (community Zumba class)
Our community have expressed interest in supporting all the work we do as a result of the day and we are truly thankful to those who supported and funded the event. We are especially grateful to all 30 volunteers who helped on the day! We could not have done it without their help!
As part of our regular Film and Music programme, a short film covering activities from the day can be found through the link provided.
Thank you to Chris Laing for his direction and exceptional work producing the 2016 FUN DAY video. Video link:
Fun Day was funded by:
St Stephen’s Community Trust
Essex & Suffolk Water Community Fund
Alton Garden Centre
Softly Does It