Raising community spirit and positive community engagement in Purfleet
Over 500 residents came along this year enjoying a huge variety of free activities offered by the Trust and its working partners.
- Young people participating in stage performances
- Residents learning about healthy eating and exercise
- Residents learning about and how to look after ‘pets’ at home
- Residents staying safe in their home and community
- Exploring healthy living ideas
- Skills in understanding benefits of physical activity in the early years
- Exploring new experiences through art creations
- Receiving advice and help from Children Centres
- Receiving help and advise from ‘Age Uk’ for senior citizens
- Organising appointments with ‘Health Watch’ and discussing NHS concerns
- Understanding ‘what is Neighbourhood Watch ‘ and crime prevention
- Demonstrations in exercise and fitness routines (community Zumba class)
Our community have expressed interest in supporting all the work we do as a result of the day and we are truly thankful to those who supported and funded the event. We are especially grateful to all 30 volunteers who helped on the day! We could not have done it without their help!
As part of our regular Film and Music programme, a short film covering activities from the day can be found through the link provided.
Thank you to Chris Laing for his direction and exceptional work producing the 2016 FUN DAY video. Video link:
Fun Day was funded by:
St Stephen’s Community Trust
Essex & Suffolk Water Community Fund
Alton Garden Centre
Softly Does It